Mammography Technician Salary
A Mammography Technician earns an average wage of $24.96 per hour.
|Hourly Rate||$18.38 - $30.20|
|Total Pay (|
XTotal Pay combines base annual salary or hourly wage, bonuses, profit sharing, tips, commissions, overtime pay and other forms of cash earnings, as applicable for this job. It does not include equity (stock) compensation, cash value of retirement benefits, or the value of other non-cash benefits (e.g. healthcare).)
|$39,520 - $69,150|
Job Description for Mammography Technician
- Explain procedures and observe patients to ensure safety and comfort during scan.
- Operate mammography unit to produce images of the breasts for diagnostic purposes.
- Monitor video display of area being scanned and adjust density or contrast to improve picture quality.
- Review and evaluate developed mammograms or other digital breast images for clarity.
- Use radiation safety measures and protection devices to comply with government regulations and to ensure safety of patients and staff.
Mammography Technician Job Listings
Pay by Experience Level for Mammography Technician
Pay by Experience for a Mammography Technician has a positive trend. An entry-level Mammography Technician with less than 5 years of experience can expect to earn an average total compensation of $45,000 based on 7 salaries provided by anonymous users. Average total compensation includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay. A Mammography Technician with mid-career experience which includes employees with 5 to 10 years of experience can expect to earn an average total compensation of $60,000 based on 8 salaries. An experienced Mammography Technician which includes employees with 10 to 20 years of experience can expect to earn an average total compensation of $56,000 based on 8 salaries. A Mammography Technician with late-career experience which includes employees with greater than 20 years of experience can expect to earn an average total compensation of $54,000 based on 10 salaries.