Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Marriage / Family Therapist is $24.23
What Do Marriage / Family Therapists Do?
The duty of a marriage/family therapist is to counsel individuals and treat patients. The individual would counsel couples and families regarding a wide range of possible psychological issues relating to their personal relationships.
There is a broad scope of issues the therapist may encounter while counseling couples and families, including depression, substance abuse, psychological issues, infidelity, and low self-esteem. The therapist will need to work closely with other individuals as part …Read more
- Assess, diagnose and counsel individuals, couples and families
- Facilitate and lead group and education sessions
- Gather information about patients using interviews, case histories, observations and assessments
- Manage caseload and documentation
- Provide individual, couple, family and group therapy