The average hourly pay for a Meat Clerk in Los Angeles, California is $11.44.
Is Meat Clerk your job title? Find out what you should be paid
Use our tool to get a personalized report on your market worth.What's this?
$10 - $19
$20,978 - $40,108
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Meat Clerk
Meat clerks are responsible for a variety of tasks pertaining to the sale of meat, either at a butcher or a meat section of a grocery store. These tasks include providing quality customer service, weighing and wrapping customers' orders, cutting meat to customers' exact specifications, and maintaining a high product knowledge to most effectively facilitate customer orders and respond to queries. Aside from serving customers directly, meat clerks also have responsibilities behind the scenes, incl…Read more
Meat Clerk Tasks
- Cut, grind, weigh, price, wrap, and package meat for customers.
- Drive, load, and unload pallet jacks or other equipment in the storage area, refrigerated area, and loading areas.
- Stock and rotate products in all displays, and ensure that none are past the sell-by date.
- Answer questions about products, the source of products, cooking, and preparation of meat, and general store information.
- Meet or exceed company guidelines about hygiene, presentation and customer service at meat case and workstations.
Meat Clerk Job Listings
Search for more jobs
Pay by Experience Level for Meat Clerk
An early career Meat Clerk with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $11.27 based on 6 salaries. A mid-career Meat Clerk with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $12.96 based on 4 salaries.
Pay Difference by Location
Learn more about cost of living by city.
Employees with Meat Clerk in their job title in Denver, Colorado earn an average of 31.1% more than the national average. These job titles also find higher than average salaries in Phoenix, Arizona (0.3% more). The lowest salaries can be found in Houston, Texas (20.6% less), Atlanta, Georgia (19.1% less) and Fort Worth, Texas (8.2% less).
Years of Experience
This data is based on 10 survey responses.