Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Meat Clerk is $14.00
What Do Meat Clerks Do?
Meat clerks are responsible for a variety of tasks pertaining to the sale of meat, either at a butcher or a meat section of a grocery store. These tasks include providing quality customer service, weighing and wrapping customers' orders, cutting meat to customers' exact specifications, and maintaining a high product knowledge to most effectively facilitate customer orders and respond to queries. Aside from serving customers directly, meat clerks also have responsibilities behind the scenes, …Read more
- Cut, grind, weigh, price, wrap, and package meat for customers.
- Drive, load, and unload pallet jacks or other equipment in the storage area, refrigerated area, and loading areas.
- Stock and rotate products in all displays, and ensure that none are past the sell-by date.
- Answer questions about products, the source of products, cooking, and preparation of meat, and general store information.
- Meet or exceed company guidelines about hygiene, presentation and customer service at meat case and workstations.