Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Meat Clerk is $10.13 in 2023
What Do Meat Clerks Do?
Meat clerks are responsible for a variety of tasks pertaining to the sale of meat, either at a butcher or a meat section of a grocery store. These tasks include providing quality customer service, weighing and wrapping customers' orders, cutting meat to customers' exact specifications, and maintaining a high product knowledge to most effectively facilitate customer orders and respond to queries. Aside from serving customers directly, meat clerks also have responsibilities behind the scenes, …Read more
- Cut, grind, weigh, price, wrap, and package meat for customers.
- Drive, load, and unload pallet jacks or other equipment in the storage area, refrigerated area, and loading areas.
- Stock and rotate products in all displays, and ensure that none are past the sell-by date.
- Answer questions about products, the source of products, cooking, and preparation of meat, and general store information.
- Meet or exceed company guidelines about hygiene, presentation and customer service at meat case and workstations.
FAQs About Meat Clerks
What is the highest pay for Meat Clerks in Dallas?
Our data indicates that the highest pay for a Meat Clerk in Dallas is $NaN / hour
What is the lowest pay for Meat Clerks in Dallas?
Our data indicates that the lowest pay for a Meat Clerk in Dallas is $NaN / hour
How can Meat Clerks increase their salary?
Increasing your pay as a Meat Clerk is possible in different ways. Change of employer: Consider a career move to a new employer that is willing to pay higher for your skills. Level of Education: Gaining advanced degrees may allow this role to increase their income potential and qualify for promotions. Managing Experience: If you are a Meat Clerk that oversees more junior Meat Clerks, this experience can increase the likelihood to earn more.