Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Medical Scientist is $85,000
What Do Medical Scientists Do?
A medical scientist is someone who works to try to gain a better understanding of human anatomical processes, diseases, and related biological research. Universities, pharmaceutical and biomedical companies, and research hospitals may employ medical scientists. The medical scientist will typically base his or her career around a mix of research and analysis, as well as producing detailed finding papers and teaching work.
As a researcher, a medical scientist will typically work in a laboratory …Read more
- Conduct research to develop methodologies, instrumentation and procedures for medical application, analyzing data and presenting findings.
- Prepare and analyze organ, tissue and cell samples to identify toxicity, bacteria, or microorganisms, or to study cell structure.
- Plan and direct studies to investigate human or animal disease, preventive methods, and treatments for disease.
- Investigate cause, progress, life cycle, or mode of transmission of diseases or parasites.
- Evaluate effects of drugs, gases, pesticides, parasites, and microorganisms at various levels.