Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Mental Health Clinician is $47,640
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Mental Health Clinicians?
An entry-level Mental Health Clinician with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $41,697 based on 16 salaries. A mid-career Mental Health Clinician with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $48,902 based on 57 salaries. …Read more
What Do Mental Health Clinicians Do?
Mental health clinicians help treat and diagnose individuals who have (or may have) any psychological issues. They work with patients directly using many different techniques, including evaluating patients, conducting therapy sessions (either individual or group), advocating for their patient, and attending court hearings on behalf of their patient. Mental health clinicians may work with individuals dealing with a number of difficult issues, such as addiction, relationship violence, and many …Read more
- Work directly with clients to assess health, create plans and evaluate progress.
- Visit clients at work, home or social settings to assess progress.
- Counsel clients during emergency and crisis events.
- Participate in peer reviews and trainings, including making presentations.
- Connect clients to services, support and resources.