The average hourly pay for a Mold Maker with Tungsten Inert Gas (TIG) Welding skills is $22.06.
Is Mold Maker your job title? Get a personalized salary report!
$15 - $32
$0 - $1,000
$31,833 - $84,029
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Mold Maker
Mold makers create, adjust, and adapt the molds used in cast manufacturing. Most frequently, tool and machine parts manufacturers are the employers for mold makers. Mold makers typically work with specifications from a design team, and they need to know how to work from schematics and be familiar with computer-aided design (CAD) programs for this purpose. The mold maker then creates initial molds. Upon the successful completion of production runs and quality control for parts from the casting, t…Read more
Mold Maker Tasks
- Construct new tooling for blow molds, die cast tooling and metal stamping tools.
- Set up equipment by studying mold requirements, materials and tolerances.
- Plan molds by reading blueprints, instructions and sketches.
- Create prototype products and fixtures and jigs for production.
- Maintain and repair existing tooling and molds.
Mold Maker Job Listings
Popular Skills for Mold Maker
Avg. Hourly Rate
Skills in Mold Making, CNC/NC, Precision Machining, CAD/CAM and Mold Designing are correlated to pay that is above average.
Years of Experience
This data is based on 5 survey responses.
Related Job Salaries
$16 - $42
$13 - $27
$12 - $29
$16 - $37
$17 - $50
$16 - $39
$17 - $42
$27 - $79
$12 - $26