Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Network Technician is $22.00
What Do Network Technicians Do?
Network technicians work with vendors, programmers, and customers to aid with installation and troubleshooting needs. Some other key tasks that network technicians perform include (but are not limited to): troubleshooting hardware, software and network problems; configuring and installing operating systems; training users; installing and troubleshooting network cable infrastructure; and writing scripts and creating files to enhance operating systems. Network technicians should possess the …Read more
- Maintain the LAN which includes daily monitoring for system failures, performing daily data backups and network performance tracking.
- Diagnose wiring problems and resolve them.
- Prepare price quotes for customers for standard PC hardware, software and peripheral equipment.
- Analyze problems and define solutions for existing network issues.
- Respond to troubleshoot and repair failures preventing customer access to critical applications throughout the organization.
FAQs About Network Technicians
What is the highest pay for Network Technicians?
Our data indicates that the highest pay for a Network Technician is $NaN / hour
What is the lowest pay for Network Technicians?
Our data indicates that the lowest pay for a Network Technician is $NaN / hour
How can Network Technicians increase their salary?
Increasing your pay as a Network Technician is possible in different ways. Change of employer: Consider a career move to a new employer that is willing to pay higher for your skills. Level of Education: Gaining advanced degrees may allow this role to increase their income potential and qualify for promotions. Managing Experience: If you are a Network Technician that oversees more junior Network Technicians, this experience can increase the likelihood to earn more.