Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for an Operator Drill is $21.50
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Operator Drills?
An early career Operator Drill with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $16.70 based on 10 salaries. A mid-career Operator Drill with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $21.75 based on 5 salaries.
What Do Operator Drills Do?
Drill operators are tasked with operating heavy industrial machinery, often at mining installations. They may work on land and at sea and on both fixed and mobile oil platforms, and also control drilling equipment and supervise other staff. They are also responsible for controlling the speed of the drill's rotation and monitoring and recording all progress.
Drill operators may oversee a range of staff members who participate in drilling activities, and they may also have general duties such as …Read more
- Set up and operate drill and drilling equipment, adjusting speed and feed.
- Perform equipment maintenance and report operating conditions and issues.
- Report production progress and issues and complete documentation.
- Conduct safety inspections of equipment and drill sites.
- Drill holes in accordance to blueprints and instructions.