Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for an Organic Chemist is $40,600
What Do Organic Chemists Do?
Organic chemists work in a range of fields; some positions may be based in the medical field and involve development and operation in medical laboratories, while others are found in process-based scientific laboratories. Organic chemists typically work indoors and are often employed by companies in energy, defense, and pharmaceuticals.
A bachelor's degree in a relevant field is often a minimum requirement for this position, and some employers may require a master's degree or Ph.D. in …Read more
- Perform complex experiments, utilizing equipment and technology.
- Develop and maintain protocols and equipment usage guidelines.
- Design and implement methodologies for synthesizing, analyzing and validating compounds and materials.
- Write up results, modify protocols and disseminate findings.
- Stay up to date on current organic chemistry research and conferences.