Outpatient Coding Specialist Salary
An Outpatient Coding Specialist earns an average wage of $18.93 per hour. People in this job generally don't have more than 10 years' experience.
$15.80 - $28.00
|Hourly Rate||$15.80 - $28.00|
|Total Pay (|
XTotal Pay combines base annual salary or hourly wage, bonuses, profit sharing, tips, commissions, overtime pay and other forms of cash earnings, as applicable for this job. It does not include equity (stock) compensation, cash value of retirement benefits, or the value of other non-cash benefits (e.g. healthcare).)
|$33,540 - $57,444|
Job Description for Outpatient Coding Specialist
- Protect the security of medical records to ensure that confidentiality is maintained.
- Identify, compile and code patient data, using ICD-9-CM and CPT and other standard classification coding systems.
- Enter data, such as history and extent of disease, diagnostic procedures and treatment into computer database.
- Compile, abstract and maintain patient medical records to document condition and treatment.
- Review records for completeness, accuracy and compliance with regulations.
Outpatient Coding Specialist Job Listings
Key Stats for Outpatient Coding Specialist
Rated 5 out of 5
based on 5 votes.