Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Patent Examiner is $119,831
What Do Patent Examiners Do?
Patent examiners are tasked with determining the legitimacy of a patent based on a variety of criteria, including determining that the invention described is clear in its presentation and that an average person could use it with basic instructions. Then, the patent examiner examines a design from a technical standpoint to determine if the idea being presented is feasible and not a danger to consumers.
After analyzing a design, patent examiners search through prior patents to confirm that the …Read more
- Select jurors, argue motions, meet with judges, and question witnesses during the course of a trial.
- Analyze and interpret laws, rulings, and regulations with probable case outcomes for individuals and businesses.
- Respond to U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) actions.
- Draft and prosecute patent application for invention.
- Interview clients and conduct research to understand invention.
FAQs About Patent Examiners
What is the highest pay for Patent Examiners?
Our data indicates that the highest pay for a Patent Examiner is $NaN / year
What is the lowest pay for Patent Examiners?
Our data indicates that the lowest pay for a Patent Examiner is $NaN / year
How can Patent Examiners increase their salary?
Increasing your pay as a Patent Examiner is possible in different ways. Change of employer: Consider a career move to a new employer that is willing to pay higher for your skills. Level of Education: Gaining advanced degrees may allow this role to increase their income potential and qualify for promotions. Managing Experience: If you are a Patent Examiner that oversees more junior Patent Examiners, this experience can increase the likelihood to earn more.