The average hourly pay for a Personal Caregiver with Home Care skills is $10.48.
Is Personal Caregiver your job title? Get a personalized salary report!
$8 - $17
$15,705 - $35,123
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Personal Caregiver
A personal caregiver works in a home to administer care to patients who are elderly or disabled. The scope of the work depends largely on the patients’ needs; in some cases, the personal caregiver may feed, bathe, and change the patient, or simply make sure he/she receives nutrition and prescribed medication and participates in social/community activities. Those in this position may also act as liaisons between a patient and health care providers, such as doctors, and must effectively communicat…Read more
Personal Caregiver Tasks
- Change bed linens, wash and iron patients' laundry, and clean patients' quarters.
- Entertain, converse with, or read aloud to patients to keep them mentally healthy and alert.
- Direct patients in simple prescribed exercises or in the use of braces or artificial limbs.
- Check patients' pulse, temperature and respiration.
- Provide patients with help moving in and out of beds, baths, wheelchairs or automobiles, and with dressing and grooming.
Explore the most common career paths for Personal Caregiver. Thickness and color of lines indicates popularity of movement from one job to the next. Visit our career path planner to research other job paths.
More common (> 20%)
Somewhat common (8 - 20%)
Less common (< 8%)
Personal Caregiver Job Listings
Popular Skills for Personal Caregiver
Avg. Hourly Rate
Skills in Elder Care, Home Health/Home Care, Cleaning, Transport and Long Term Care are correlated to pay that is above average.
Years of Experience
This data is based on 5 survey responses.
Related Job Salaries
$10 - $16
$16 - $26
$9 - $15
$10 - $20
$8 - $12
$15 - $25
$9 - $15
$23 - $41
$17 - $28