Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Physical Design Engineer is $111,910
What Do Physical Design Engineers Do?
Physical design engineers generally work on teams to solve problems and develop new ideas; they also coordinate budgeting for design-related tasks, design elements for chips which are not restricted to FET, and prepare FUB-level and full-chip floor plans, as well as stimulate schematic-to-layout verification and handle debugging tasks.
Generally, aspiring physical design engineers should have at least a bachelor's degree in engineering, at least two to three years of professional experience in …Read more
- Design and check chip layout circuit design.
- Plan and organize design projects or phases of design projects.
- Perform developmental and/or test work, reviewing product requirements and logic diagrams.
- Prototype, construct, modify and evaluate semiconductor devices and components.
- Evaluate, characterize and document device specifications.