The average hourly pay for a Mid-Career Primary Care Registered Nurse (RN) in Richmond, Virginia is $28.61.
Is Primary Care Registered Nurse (RN) your job title? Find out what you should be paid
Use our tool to get a personalized report on your market worth.What's this?
$25 - $31
$46,067 - $72,312
Find your market worth – how it works:
Tell us about your job and pay factors like skills and education
Find your market worth with a report tailored to you
Negotiate your pay with confidence
Job Description for Primary Care Registered Nurse (RN)
Primary care registered nurses work in the health care industry and focus on aiding patients for their entire stay with a provider. Typical work shifts last between eight and twelve hours, and common tasks include administering routine care, charting and filling out forms, interacting with health teams, making phone calls, administering vaccines, monitoring blood pressure, and dispensing medication. Primary care registered nurses work in a hospital and/or clinical office setting and also discuss…Read more
Primary Care Registered Nurse (RN) Tasks
- Conduct nurse visits within scope of practice, ensuring patients, caregivers, and families understand treatment plans.
- Provide oversight, education, and training for medical assistants, ensuring and evaluating patient care.
- Analyze and inform patients of diagnostic and lab results, and document patient interactions.
- Provide patient triage in person and over the phone, managing clinic flow.
- Consult with health care providers to develop, assess, and implement patient treatment plans.
Primary Care Registered Nurse (RN) Job Listings
Search for more jobs
Pay Difference by Location
Learn more about cost of living by city.
Employees with Primary Care Registered Nurse (RN) in their job title in Los Angeles, California earn an average of 50.3% more than the national average. These job titles also find higher than average salaries in Houston, Texas (30.3% more) and Chicago, Illinois (20.6% more). The lowest salaries can be found in Indianapolis, Indiana (3.3% less).
Related Job Salaries
$10 - $16
$23 - $41
$16 - $26
$12 - $19
$12 - $19
$31 - $50
$25 - $46
$17 - $28