The average hourly pay for an Early-Career Primary Care Registered Nurse (RN) in Tampa, Florida is $24.95.
Is Primary Care Registered Nurse (RN) your job title? Find out what you should be paid
Use our tool to get a personalized report on your market worth.What's this?
$24 - $28
$50,258 - $65,160
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Primary Care Registered Nurse (RN)
Primary care registered nurses work in the health care industry and focus on aiding patients for their entire stay with a provider. Typical work shifts last between eight and twelve hours, and common tasks include administering routine care, charting and filling out forms, interacting with health teams, making phone calls, administering vaccines, monitoring blood pressure, and dispensing medication. Primary care registered nurses work in a hospital and/or clinical office setting and also discuss…Read more
Primary Care Registered Nurse (RN) Tasks
- Conduct nurse visits within scope of practice, ensuring patients, caregivers, and families understand treatment plans.
- Provide oversight, education, and training for medical assistants, ensuring and evaluating patient care.
- Analyze and inform patients of diagnostic and lab results, and document patient interactions.
- Provide patient triage in person and over the phone, managing clinic flow.
- Consult with health care providers to develop, assess, and implement patient treatment plans.
Primary Care Registered Nurse (RN) Job Listings
Search for more jobs
Pay by Experience Level for Primary Care Registered Nurse (RN)
An experienced Primary Care Registered Nurse (RN) with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $31.50 based on 6 salaries. In their late career (20 years and higher), employees earn an average total compensation of $36.
Pay Difference by Location
Learn more about cost of living by city.
Employees with Primary Care Registered Nurse (RN) in their job title in Portland, Oregon earn an average of 38.9% more than the national average. These job titles also find higher than average salaries in New York, New York (37.8% more) and Seattle, Washington (28.5% more).
Years of Experience
This data is based on 14 survey responses.
Related Job Salaries
$10 - $16
$23 - $41
$11 - $19
$16 - $26
$12 - $19
$31 - $50
$25 - $46
$17 - $28