The average hourly pay for a Primary Care Registered Nurse (RN) with Internal Medicine skills is $26.53.
Is Primary Care Registered Nurse (RN) your job title? Get a personalized salary report!
$20 - $39
$42,118 - $82,900
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Primary Care Registered Nurse (RN)
Primary care registered nurses work in the health care industry and focus on aiding patients for their entire stay with a provider. Typical work shifts last between eight and twelve hours, and common tasks include administering routine care, charting and filling out forms, interacting with health teams, making phone calls, administering vaccines, monitoring blood pressure, and dispensing medication. Primary care registered nurses work in a hospital and/or clinical office setting and also discuss…Read more
Primary Care Registered Nurse (RN) Tasks
- Conduct nurse visits within scope of practice, ensuring patients, caregivers, and families understand treatment plans.
- Provide oversight, education, and training for medical assistants, ensuring and evaluating patient care.
- Analyze and inform patients of diagnostic and lab results, and document patient interactions.
- Provide patient triage in person and over the phone, managing clinic flow.
- Consult with health care providers to develop, assess, and implement patient treatment plans.
Explore the most common career paths for Primary Care Registered Nurse (RN). Thickness and color of lines indicates popularity of movement from one job to the next. Visit our career path planner to research other job paths.
Primary Care Registered Nurse (RN)
More common (> 20%)
Somewhat common (8 - 20%)
Less common (< 8%)
Primary Care Registered Nurse (RN) Job Listings
Popular Skills for Primary Care Registered Nurse (RN)
Avg. Hourly Rate
Skills in Acute Care, Medicine / Surgery, Telemetry, Family Practice/Pediatrics and Triage are correlated to pay that is above average.
Years of Experience
This data is based on 6 survey responses.
Related Job Salaries
$10 - $16
$23 - $41
$11 - $19
$16 - $26
$12 - $19
$30 - $50
$25 - $46
$17 - $28