Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Principal Software Engineer is $142,250
What Do Principal Software Engineers Do?
Principal software engineers are in charge of most of the technical aspects of an organization's projects. You could consider them to be architects of sorts given the vast scope of work they do on a regular basis. Their primary function is being able to scale projects efficiently while maximizing performance and minimizing costs. They can also oversee development teams and coordinate strategies to make sure the technologies are interconnected and product lines are working smoothly. Most of the …Read more
- Design, develop, integrate, test and deploy company's software.
- Execute product specification, system design, development and system integration.
- Develop new product concepts and development, deliver product prototypes.
- Conduct new technology research, concept specification and design of individual software components.
- Participate in product and program collaboration.