The average pay for a Project Administrator, Engineering with Project Coordinating skills in Columbus, Ohio is $18.71 per hour.
The average pay for a Project Administrator, Engineering with Project Coordinating skills in Columbus, Ohio is $45,978 per year.
Job Description for Project Administrator, Engineering
Engineering project administrators are responsible for overseeing the many different phases of their projects to ensure the projects' timely completion. They must be able to track/monitor their projects' progress, create reports, and present findings to their managers. They must also be able to analyze data from their projects and be able to provide insight and guidance when needed about said projects. They usually also monitor projects' budgets and coordinate frequently with various departments within their organization. Engineering project administrators will often manage purchase orders, and will frequently work with vendors to obtain quotes and source materials. They can also be required to ensure that necessary contracts are in place for a given project.Read More...
Engineering project administrators must have good people skills and must be able to communicate effectively and work well with others. They also must have a high level of organization and attention to detail as they will often juggle multiple projects at once. They usually are required to hold at least an associate's degree, but in some cases, certain companies may accept work experience in a related field. Depending on their employers, engineering project managers' work hours may vary from having a standard 9-5 work week to working on shifts. (Copyright 2019 PayScale.com)
- Consult or negotiate with clients to prepare project specifications.
- Recruit employees, assign, direct, and evaluate their work, and oversee the development and maintenance of staff competence.
- Provide technical leadership for complex or unique assignments.
- Direct, review, and approve product design and changes.
- Coordinate and direct projects, making detailed plans to accomplish goals and directing the integration of technical activities.
Project Administrator, Engineering Job Listings
Key Stats for Project Administrator, Engineering