Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Psychology Teacher, Postsecondary is $46,823
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Psychology Teacher, Postsecondaries?
An entry-level Psychology Teacher, Postsecondary with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $35,000 based on 5 salaries. An early career Psychology Teacher, Postsecondary with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $47,500 …Read more
What Do Psychology Teacher, Postsecondaries Do?
A psychology teacher at a postsecondary institution administers knowledge about psychology. Some classes will involve knowledge about basic psychology theories and the psychologists who initiated them, while others will teach more complicated theories. In some institutions, the teacher may be provided with a curriculum. In others, the teacher will have to come up with a curriculum and lesson plans.
The teacher must make sure that the material is engaging and that it adheres to the …Read more
- Maintain student records.
- Attend organization meetings and interact with staff.
- Grade assignments, quizzes and tests and provide feedback to students.
- Work with students to improve understanding and explain course objectives.
- Create course syllabi and learning objectives and deliver instruction.