Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Purchasing Agent (but not Wholesale, Retail, or Farm Products) is $45,000
What Do Purchasing Agent (but not Wholesale, Retail, or Farm Products)s Do?
A company’s purchasing agent (in fields other that wholesale, retail, or farm products) has extensive knowledge of computers and a company's economic procedures. They use those skills to ensure purchasing and orders run smoothly. Purchasing agents must maintain good relationships with current vendors and buyers, which includes communicating changes in products, any new products that the vendor may be interested in purchasing, and any promotions by the company. The purchasing agent keeps up with …Read more
- Procure and contract for goods and services in a specific industry.
- Take corrective action when defective goods are received.
- Inventory existing property and conduct audits.
- Test and evaluate sample products, draw up and approve requisitions, and ensure adequate supply.
- Research and identify vendors, and negotiate to achieve desired quality, price, and timetables.