Radiographic Technologist Salary
The average rate for a Radiographic Technologist is $23.39 per hour. Most people move on to other jobs if they have more than 20 years' experience in this field.
|Hourly Rate||$16.22 - $28.70|
|Total Pay (|
XTotal Pay combines base annual salary or hourly wage, bonuses, profit sharing, tips, commissions, overtime pay and other forms of cash earnings, as applicable for this job. It does not include equity (stock) compensation, cash value of retirement benefits, or the value of other non-cash benefits (e.g. healthcare).)
|$33,922 - $63,044|
Job Description for Radiographic Technologist
- Monitor video display of area being scanned and adjust density or contrast to improve picture quality.
- Review and evaluate film and images to determine if images are satisfactory for diagnostic purposes.
- Explain process and position patient for scan; adjusting restriction devices; moving and adjusting equipment to set exposure factors.
- Use radiation safety measures and protection devices for government regulations and patient safety.
- As a trained technologist, operate radiology equipment to produce images of the body for diagnostic purposes under direction of a physician.
Radiographic Technologist Job Listings
Pay by Experience Level for Radiographic Technologist
Pay by Experience for a Radiographic Technologist has a positive trend. An entry-level Radiographic Technologist with less than 5 years of experience can expect to earn an average total compensation of $43,000 based on 26 salaries provided by anonymous users. Average total compensation includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay. A Radiographic Technologist with mid-career experience which includes employees with 5 to 10 years of experience can expect to earn an average total compensation of $51,000 based on 23 salaries. An experienced Radiographic Technologist which includes employees with 10 to 20 years of experience can expect to earn an average total compensation of $54,000 based on 9 salaries. A Radiographic Technologist with late-career experience which includes employees with greater than 20 years of experience can expect to earn an average total compensation of $52,000 based on 5 salaries.
Key Stats for Radiographic Technologist
Rated 5 out of 5
based on 9 votes.