Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Research Engineer is $82,411
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Research Engineers?
An entry-level Research Engineer with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $76,000 based on 6 salaries. An early career Research Engineer with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $79,954 based on 15 salaries. A …Read more
What Do Research Engineers Do?
A research engineer is responsible for conducting research on behalf of their organization; the breadth and type of research varies depending on their role. They must be able to analyze systems (for example, identifying the vulnerable parts of security architectures and developing ideas for how to reduce vulnerability), as well as provide guidance to engineers and other professionals in different specialties as needed. This employee needs to be able to write reports and give presentations to …Read more
- Define material properties, develop concepts, verify prototypes, create and execute clinically simulated bench tests.
- Manage multiple project timelines, resources and responsibilities to achieve goals.
- Verify and validate designs and transfer new products into production.
- Transfer products designed for manufacturing throughout the development cycle and into full production.
- Lead a design team to create and develop new products and innovations.