The average hourly pay for a Respiratory Therapist with Home Health/Home Care skills in Orlando, Florida is $21.00.
Is Respiratory Therapist your job title? Get a personalized salary report!
$0 - $21
$0 - $45,279
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Respiratory Therapist
Respiratory therapists, or RTs, work with people who are experiencing issues with breathing and, often, cardiopulmonary issues. In many cases, their patients include premature infants born without fully developed lungs, as well as children and adults who suffer from problems such as cystic fibrosis, asthma, and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). Generally, a respiratory therapist meets with a patient and examines them; after discussing the results of the exam with a physician, they th…Read more
Respiratory Therapist Tasks
- Inspect, clean, and test respiratory therapy equipment
- Determine requirements for treatment; type, method and duration of therapy based on physicians' orders
- Set up and operate mechanical and therapeutic devices following specified parameters of treatment
- Monitor patient's physiological responses to therapy; vital signs, arterial blood gases and blood chemistry changes and consult with physician if adverse reactions occur
- Maintain patient charts with therapy information
Explore the most common career paths for Respiratory Therapist. Thickness and color of lines indicates popularity of movement from one job to the next. Visit our career path planner to research other job paths.
More common (> 20%)
Somewhat common (8 - 20%)
Less common (< 8%)
Respiratory Therapist Job Listings
Popular Skills for Respiratory Therapist
Avg. Hourly Rate
Skills in Intensive Care Unit (ICU), Critical Care, Acute Care, Emergency Room (ER) and Emergency/Trauma are correlated to pay that is above average.
Pay Difference by Location
Learn more about cost of living by city.
Employees with Respiratory Therapist in their job title in Seattle, Washington earn an average of 56.4% more than the national average. These job titles also find higher than average salaries in Dallas, Texas (23.9% more) and Atlanta, Georgia (23.6% more).
Related Job Salaries
$10 - $16
$23 - $41
$16 - $26
$25 - $46
$11 - $19
$12 - $22
$30 - $50