Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Security Engineer is $99,990 in 2023
What Do Security Engineers Do?
Security engineers are responsible for developing effective computing solutions to increase the security of their company's systems and projects. They are in charge of creating new ways to solve existing production security issues and must possess an advanced understanding of intrusion detection and prevention protocols. One of their main responsibilities is to handle technical problems dealing with applications and production equipment. These individuals possess exceptional incident-response …Read more
- Configure and set up firewalls and intrusion detection systems.
- Respond to network intrusions and be familiar with performing forensic investigation.
- Test new or upgraded hardware and software and implement new technologies.
- Create test plans which will allow for a proper evaluation of security issues for new hardware and software.
- Identify security solutions and implement a multi-layered defense to protect the networks.
FAQs About Security Engineers
What is the highest pay for Security Engineers?
Our data indicates that the highest pay for a Security Engineer is $NaN / year
What is the lowest pay for Security Engineers?
Our data indicates that the lowest pay for a Security Engineer is $NaN / year
How can Security Engineers increase their salary?
Increasing your pay as a Security Engineer is possible in different ways. Change of employer: Consider a career move to a new employer that is willing to pay higher for your skills. Level of Education: Gaining advanced degrees may allow this role to increase their income potential and qualify for promotions. Managing Experience: If you are a Security Engineer that oversees more junior Security Engineers, this experience can increase the likelihood to earn more.