Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Senior Environmental Scientist is $84,326
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Senior Environmental Scientists?
An early career Senior Environmental Scientist with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $73,838 based on 17 salaries. A mid-career Senior Environmental Scientist with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $71,892 based on 40 salaries. …Read more
What Do Senior Environmental Scientists Do?
Senior environmental scientists are tasked with solving specific problems using technology, and they work with a wide range of companies, including central administrations, regional decentralized services, local administrations, industrial companies, consulting firms, service companies, non-governmental organizations, and institutions of research and higher education.
Senior environmental scientists evaluate the magnitude, duration, and reversibility of alterations caused by human activity in …Read more
- Lead environmental planning projects, establishing and managing schedules, goals, and budgets.
- Act as a resource for project staff and environmental scientists, providing scientific and technical guidance.
- Prepare technical evaluations and validate analytical data retrieved from field work, conducting corrective actions.
- Lead, conduct, and determine methods for site investigations and assessments, data collection, and environmental sampling.
- Prepare reports, charts, graphs, and presentations that interpret data samples and recommend actions.
How do Senior Environmental Scientists Rate Their Jobs?
FAQs About Senior Environmental Scientists
What is the highest pay for Senior Environmental Scientists?
Our data indicates that the highest pay for a Senior Environmental Scientist is $109k / year
What is the lowest pay for Senior Environmental Scientists?
Our data indicates that the lowest pay for a Senior Environmental Scientist is $64k / year
How can Senior Environmental Scientists increase their salary?
Increasing your pay as a Senior Environmental Scientist is possible in different ways. Change of employer: Consider a career move to a new employer that is willing to pay higher for your skills. Level of Education: Gaining advanced degrees may allow this role to increase their income potential and qualify for promotions. Managing Experience: If you are a Senior Environmental Scientist that oversees more junior Senior Environmental Scientists, this experience can increase the likelihood to earn more.