Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Senior Fashion Designer is $88,077
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Senior Fashion Designers?
An early career Senior Fashion Designer with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $72,700 based on 10 salaries. A mid-career Senior Fashion Designer with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $80,686 based on 70 salaries. An experienced …Read more
What Do Senior Fashion Designers Do?
Senior fashion designers work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment in which they must be aware of emerging trends. As senior designers, they also must communicate observations on trends to the fashion designers working beneath them, as the senior designer holds a managerial position as well.
To reach a senior fashion designer position, one must demonstrate a mastery of all the design skills held by lower-level designers; even after reaching the senior level, senior designers still …Read more
- Create new designs in line with current trends and the target audience.
- Evaluate prototypes and improve design.
- Research material, fabrics, and color trend.
- Attend regular design and product development meetings.
- Research product trends and development.