Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Senior Software Development Engineer (SDE) is $127,103
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Senior Software Development Engineer (SDE)s?
An entry-level Senior Software Development Engineer (SDE) with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $100,000 based on 8 salaries. An early career Senior Software Development Engineer (SDE) with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total …Read more
What Do Senior Software Development Engineer (SDE)s Do?
Senior software development engineers typically develop and upgrade computer operating systems and application software. As experienced members of software development teams, they often perform a lead role in software development projects. Many senior software development engineers work for information technology (IT) companies, developing computer operating system software for computers and computer networks. Other senior software development engineers work for specific software publishers, …Read more
- Work with designers and content producers.
- Write, modify, and debug software for server applications.
- Write code to create multi-threaded, networked server applications.
- Use source debuggers, program dumps, and performance monitoring tools.
- Test and document software for server applications.