Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Senior Statistician is $99,146
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Senior Statisticians?
An early career Senior Statistician with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $89,306 based on 45 salaries. A mid-career Senior Statistician with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $96,313 based on 49 salaries. An experienced Senior …Read more
What Do Senior Statisticians Do?
Senior statisticians are tasked with gathering statistics and providing statistical analysis for their employers, which may include corporations, government offices, political campaigns, universities, and other organizations. They are responsible for conceptualizing and developing experimental designs, developing sample designs, formulating implementation procedures for experiments, defining analytic methods, and developing exploratory techniques for new studies or surveys.
Many jobs …Read more
- Use statistical packages and internal systems to document metrics and create reports.
- Create visualizations, presentations and tables.
- Work with staff to replicate findings, identify root causes and explain results.
- Review existing data sources, identify anomalies and problems and update processes.
- Work with leadership to identify goals, track progress and produce actionable findings.