What Do Sharepoint Architects Do?
A SharePoint architect is a software engineer serving a specific function related to SharePoint within their organization. Unlike more general computer engineers, SharePoint architects are focused on mapping functions and features of a solution to the Microsoft SharePoint program. As such, SharePoint architects need to be trained and regularly updated on the functionalities of the SharePoint program. These architects must break down SharePoint-related problems and analyze potential methods to so…Read more
- Design, develop and test SharePoint builds and architectures to meet a variety of needs.
- Build, maintain and automatically feed data into dashboards and reports.
- Create and test workflows and search functions to enable productivity.
- Create knowledge management strategies, including required metadata and taxonomic organization.
- Work with users to identify requirements, train on usage and troubleshoot problems.