Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Small Business Owner is $66,236
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Small Business Owners?
An entry-level Small Business Owner with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $30,913 based on 9 salaries. An early career Small Business Owner with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $50,200 based on 62 salaries. A …Read more
What Do Small Business Owners Do?
Small business owners are the financial and/or executive heads of small business. Their duties can be as simple as serving as the profit-maker of the business and delegating authority to a management team; however, many small business owners are constantly engaged in growing and operating their business.
Becoming a small business owner does require capital to begin, and/or finding investors and raising capital. Small business owners must either develop their own plans, or, in other cases, pay …Read more
- Oversee company operations, directing production, sales, administrative, and/or distribution activities.
- Oversee and/or assist with personnel management, including hiring, training, and performance evaluation.
- Oversee and/or assist with client acquisition and marketing strategies.
- Develop and/or assist with company-wide policies, procedures, objectives, and business strategies.
- Direct and review financial activities, measuring productivity, setting prices, and/or managing budgets.