Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Special Agent (Federal) is $75,000
What Do Special Agent (Federal)s Do?
A special agent (federal) is a law enforcement specialist who engages in the enforcement and investigation of violations of federal statutes. As these investigations and apprehensions can be highly involved and of clear and immediate danger to the general public, agencies who hire special agents are highly selective of their personnel. Special agents are also often detailed to teams and task forces revolving around a fairly tight focus.
As investigators, special agents will typically be …Read more
- Identify case issues and evidence based on complaints, charges or allegations of violations.
- Prepare detailed reports of findings.
- Search for and collect evidence, such as fingerprints, DNA samples and computer records.
- Record interviews using cameras or other means.
- Interview suspects and witnesses to obtain and verify information.