What Do Stage Manager - Live Performances or Events Do?
Stage managers of live performances are essential members of the backstage crew of any type of performance. Whether it’s a stadium-sized show for a major musical star or a theater production in a small town, a stage manager must ensure that things go smoothly without mistakes, embarrassing delays, or other troubles that could otherwise be avoided.
These stage managers are in charge of the full organization of live performances of all sizes and keeping both performers and stage technicians on th…Read more
- Coordinate production plans and meetings, and direct activities of stage crew during performances.
- May cue lights, sound or scenery changes.
- Provide accounting for stage expenses and maintain equipment inventory.
- Address technical and human emergencies on the day of the performance.
- Record all blocking, lighting cues, prop usage, costume changes, and entrances of performers during rehearsals.