Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Surgeon, Trauma is $353,980 in 2024
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Surgeon, Traumas?
An entry-level Surgeon, Trauma with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $301,004 based on 11 salaries. An early career Surgeon, Trauma with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $351,192 based on 40 salaries. A …Read more
What Do Surgeon, Traumas Do?
Trauma surgeons generally work in and around the emergency rooms of hospitals, including both emergency departments and operating rooms. When an individual suffers a sudden injury, these surgeons are tasked with treating them and preventing injuries from worsening.
This can be a stressful position in a fast-paced environment, so it is important to be able to stay focused and work well under pressure. In addition to performing and overseeing operations, trauma surgeons also play a role in …Read more
- Ensure that quality care and appropriate treatment are delivered to the trauma patient and initiate changes as needed to improve quality of care.
- Serve as a consultant to the medical and nursing staff on trauma-related issues.
- Provide trauma care and participate in the trauma surgeon call schedule.
- Assist the Surgical Director of Trauma with monitoring the trauma performance improvement and patient safety process.
- Assist the Surgical Director of Trauma in providing management of patients assigned to the trauma service.
How do Surgeon, Traumas Rate Their Jobs?
FAQs About Surgeon, Traumas
What is the highest pay for Surgeon, Traumas?
Our data indicates that the highest pay for a Surgeon, Trauma is $461k / year
What is the lowest pay for Surgeon, Traumas?
Our data indicates that the lowest pay for a Surgeon, Trauma is $209k / year
How can Surgeon, Traumas increase their salary?
Increasing your pay as a Surgeon, Trauma is possible in different ways. Change of employer: Consider a career move to a new employer that is willing to pay higher for your skills. Level of Education: Gaining advanced degrees may allow this role to increase their income potential and qualify for promotions. Managing Experience: If you are a Surgeon, Trauma that oversees more junior Surgeon, Traumas, this experience can increase the likelihood to earn more.