Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Surgeon, Trauma is $328,305
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Surgeon, Traumas?
An entry-level Surgeon, Trauma with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $301,004 based on 11 salaries. An early career Surgeon, Trauma with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $311,110 based on 41 salaries. A …Read more
What Do Surgeon, Traumas Do?
Trauma surgeons generally work in and around the emergency rooms of hospitals, including both emergency departments and operating rooms. When an individual suffers a sudden injury, these surgeons are tasked with treating them and preventing injuries from worsening.
This can be a stressful position in a fast-paced environment, so it is important to be able to stay focused and work well under pressure. In addition to performing and overseeing operations, trauma surgeons also play a role in …Read more
- Ensure that quality care and appropriate treatment are delivered to the trauma patient and initiate changes as needed to improve quality of care.
- Serve as a consultant to the medical and nursing staff on trauma-related issues.
- Provide trauma care and participate in the trauma surgeon call schedule.
- Assist the Surgical Director of Trauma with monitoring the trauma performance improvement and patient safety process.
- Assist the Surgical Director of Trauma in providing management of patients assigned to the trauma service.