The average hourly pay for a Surgical Technologist with Obstetrics/Gynecology (OB/GYN) skills in Austin, Texas is $27.16.
Tell us about your job and pay factors like skills and education Find your market worth with a report tailored to you Negotiate your pay with confidence
What Do Surgical Technologists Do?
A surgical technologist is present within the operation room and provides help to surgeons, nurses, and anesthesiologists. The technologist will hand necessary instruments to the surgeon, so that the surgery can be more easily be performed. It is important to be able to anticipate which devices the surgeon will use, so that no time is lost. Certain equipment may also be monitored by the technologist, such as machinery relating to the observance of vital signs.
Strong knowledge of medical termi…Read more
Surgical Technologist Tasks
- Inspect, maintain, decontaminate, and repair surgical equipment, keeping inventory records up to date.
- Conduct pre- and post-surgery patient care, including shaving, transporting, and applying dressings.
- Keep all needed surgical equipment at the ready, including sterile linens, saline, lights, suction machines, etc.
- Set up and maintain surgical field, collaborating with nurses and doctors and assisting where required.
- Assemble, transport, and retrieve surgical equipment, ensuring all pieces leave the room.
Explore the most common career paths for Surgical Technologist. Thickness and color of lines indicates popularity of movement from one job to the next. Visit our career path planner
to research other job paths.
Certified Surgical Technologist (CST)
Registered Nurse (RN), Operating Room
Somewhat common (8 - 20%)
Surgical Technologist Job Listings
What Are Popular Skills for Surgical Technologists?
Skills in Orthopedics are correlated to pay that is above average. Skills that pay less than market rate include Robotics, Gynecology, Surgery and General Surgery.
Pay Difference by Location
Employees with Surgical Technologist in their job title in New York, New York earn an average of 1.2% more than the national average. The lowest salaries can be found in Chicago, Illinois (21.7% less), Miami, Florida (20.5% less) and Atlanta, Georgia (17.1% less).
Years of Experience
This data is based on 9 survey responses.
More Cities for Surgical Technologist