Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Surgical Technologist is $16.26 in 2024
What Do Surgical Technologists Do?
A surgical technologist is present within the operation room and provides help to surgeons, nurses, and anesthesiologists. The technologist will hand necessary instruments to the surgeon, so that the surgery can be more easily be performed. It is important to be able to anticipate which devices the surgeon will use, so that no time is lost. Certain equipment may also be monitored by the technologist, such as machinery relating to the observance of vital signs.
Strong knowledge of medical …Read more
- Inspect, maintain, decontaminate, and repair surgical equipment, keeping inventory records up to date.
- Conduct pre- and post-surgery patient care, including shaving, transporting, and applying dressings.
- Keep all needed surgical equipment at the ready, including sterile linens, saline, lights, suction machines, etc.
- Set up and maintain surgical field, collaborating with nurses and doctors and assisting where required.
- Assemble, transport, and retrieve surgical equipment, ensuring all pieces leave the room.
FAQs About Surgical Technologists
What is the highest pay for Surgical Technologists in St. Louis?
Our data indicates that the highest pay for a Surgical Technologist in St. Louis is $NaN / hour
What is the lowest pay for Surgical Technologists in St. Louis?
Our data indicates that the lowest pay for a Surgical Technologist in St. Louis is $NaN / hour
How can Surgical Technologists increase their salary?
Increasing your pay as a Surgical Technologist is possible in different ways. Change of employer: Consider a career move to a new employer that is willing to pay higher for your skills. Level of Education: Gaining advanced degrees may allow this role to increase their income potential and qualify for promotions. Managing Experience: If you are a Surgical Technologist that oversees more junior Surgical Technologists, this experience can increase the likelihood to earn more.