|Hourly Rate||$21.76 - $35.82|
|Total Pay (|
XTotal Pay combines base annual salary or hourly wage, bonuses, profit sharing, tips, commissions, overtime pay and other forms of cash earnings, as applicable for this job. It does not include equity (stock) compensation, cash value of retirement benefits, or the value of other non-cash benefits (e.g. healthcare).)
|$44,108 - $77,035|
How much does a Surgical Technologist make in Sacramento, CA?
Job Description for Surgical Technologist
A surgical technologist is present within the operation room and provides help to surgeons, nurses, and anesthesiologists. The technologist will hand necessary instruments to the surgeon, so that the surgery can be more easily be performed. It is important to be able to anticipate which devices the surgeon will use, so that no time is lost. Certain equipment may also be monitored by the technologist, such as machinery relating to the observance of vital signs.Read More...
Strong knowledge of medical terminology is also important, in order to work well with other medical personnel. Prior to a surgery being carried out, the technologist will set up the room. The technologist will also obtain patient charts and make sure that they are complete. After a surgery is carried out, the technologist is usually responsible for cleaning the room and disposing of items, so that the room is ready for the next patient. The technologist should also make sure that the patient is comfortable during the procedure. The procedure may be explained to the patient prior to it being carried out. Therefore, strong communication and people skills are necessary.
To become a surgical technologist, it is usually necessary to attend a program of study relating to surgical technology and to obtain certification. The work environment can sometimes be stressful, so it is important to be able to stay calm. (Copyright 2018 PayScale.com)
Surgical Technologist Tasks
- Inspect, maintain, decontaminate, and repair surgical equipment, keeping inventory records up to date.
- Conduct pre- and post-surgery patient care, including shaving, transporting, and applying dressings.
- Keep all needed surgical equipment at the ready, including sterile linens, saline, lights, suction machines, etc.
- Set up and maintain surgical field, collaborating with nurses and doctors and assisting where required.
- Assemble, transport, and retrieve surgical equipment, ensuring all pieces leave the room.
Surgical Technologist Job Listings
Key Stats for Surgical Technologist
Rated 5 out of 5
based on 2 votes.