The average hourly pay for a Surgical Technologist at Children's Hospital of Los Angeles is $28.88.
Is Surgical Technologist your job title? Find out what you should be paid
Use our tool to get a personalized report on your market worth.
$0 - $29
$0 - $60,066
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Surgical Technologist
A surgical technologist is present within the operation room and provides help to surgeons, nurses, and anesthesiologists. The technologist will hand necessary instruments to the surgeon, so that the surgery can be more easily be performed. It is important to be able to anticipate which devices the surgeon will use, so that no time is lost. Certain equipment may also be monitored by the technologist, such as machinery relating to the observance of vital signs. Strong knowledge of medical termi…Read more
Surgical Technologist Tasks
- Inspect, maintain, decontaminate, and repair surgical equipment, keeping inventory records up to date.
- Conduct pre- and post-surgery patient care, including shaving, transporting, and applying dressings.
- Keep all needed surgical equipment at the ready, including sterile linens, saline, lights, suction machines, etc.
- Set up and maintain surgical field, collaborating with nurses and doctors and assisting where required.
- Assemble, transport, and retrieve surgical equipment, ensuring all pieces leave the room.
Popular Employer Salaries for Surgical Technologist
The top respondents for the job title Surgical Technologist are from the companies HCA, Inc., Mercy Hospital and Northside Hospital. Reported salaries are highest at Dignity Health where the average pay is $26.63. Other companies that offer high salaries for this role include Banner Health and Northside Hospital, earning around $25.85 and $21.12, respectively. Mercy Hospital pays the lowest at around $18.96. Beaumont Health and Duke Raleigh Hospital also pay on the lower end of the scale, paying $19.73 and $20.03, respectively.
Surgical Technologist Job Listings
Search for more jobs
Popular Skills for Surgical Technologist
Avg. Hourly Rate
Skills in Urology, Emergency/Trauma and General Surgery are correlated to pay that is above average.
Pay Difference by Location
Learn more about cost of living by city.
Years of Experience
This data is based on 5 survey responses.
Related Job Salaries
$23 - $41
$12 - $22
$11 - $19
$16 - $26
$31 - $50
$10 - $16
$40 - $71