The average hourly pay for an Early-Career Surgical Technologist with Surgery skills in Tampa, Florida is $17.56.
Tell us about your job and pay factors like skills and education Find your market worth with a report tailored to you Negotiate your pay with confidence
What Do Surgical Technologists Do?
A surgical technologist is present within the operation room and provides help to surgeons, nurses, and anesthesiologists. The technologist will hand necessary instruments to the surgeon, so that the surgery can be more easily be performed. It is important to be able to anticipate which devices the surgeon will use, so that no time is lost. Certain equipment may also be monitored by the technologist, such as machinery relating to the observance of vital signs.
Strong knowledge of medical termi…Read more
Surgical Technologist Tasks
- Inspect, maintain, decontaminate, and repair surgical equipment, keeping inventory records up to date.
- Conduct pre- and post-surgery patient care, including shaving, transporting, and applying dressings.
- Keep all needed surgical equipment at the ready, including sterile linens, saline, lights, suction machines, etc.
- Set up and maintain surgical field, collaborating with nurses and doctors and assisting where required.
- Assemble, transport, and retrieve surgical equipment, ensuring all pieces leave the room.
Surgical Technologist Job Listings
What Are Popular Skills for Surgical Technologists?
Skills in General Surgery, Orthopedics and Urology are correlated to pay that is above average.
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Surgical Technologists?
A mid-career Surgical Technologist with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $19.00 based on 3 salaries. An experienced Surgical Technologist with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $20.85 based on 7 salaries.
Pay Difference by Location
Employees with Surgical Technologist in their job title in New York, New York earn an average of 62.3% more than the national average. These job titles also find higher than average salaries in Chicago, Illinois (17.5% more) and Kansas City, Missouri (16.5% more). The lowest salaries can be found in Birmingham, Alabama (9.7% less) and Savannah, Georgia (7.7% less).
Years of Experience
This data is based on 10 survey responses.
More Cities for Surgical Technologist