The average hourly pay for a Surgical Technologist with General Surgery skills in Memphis, Tennessee is $18.48.
Is Surgical Technologist your job title? Find out what you should be paid
Use our tool to get a personalized report on your market worth.
$15 - $22
$0 - $700
$31,409 - $55,681
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Surgical Technologist
A surgical technologist is present within the operation room and provides help to surgeons, nurses, and anesthesiologists. The technologist will hand necessary instruments to the surgeon, so that the surgery can be more easily be performed. It is important to be able to anticipate which devices the surgeon will use, so that no time is lost. Certain equipment may also be monitored by the technologist, such as machinery relating to the observance of vital signs. Strong knowledge of medical termi…Read more
Surgical Technologist Tasks
- Inspect, maintain, decontaminate, and repair surgical equipment, keeping inventory records up to date.
- Conduct pre- and post-surgery patient care, including shaving, transporting, and applying dressings.
- Keep all needed surgical equipment at the ready, including sterile linens, saline, lights, suction machines, etc.
- Set up and maintain surgical field, collaborating with nurses and doctors and assisting where required.
- Assemble, transport, and retrieve surgical equipment, ensuring all pieces leave the room.
Surgical Technologist Job Listings
Search for more jobs
Popular Skills for Surgical Technologist
Avg. Hourly Rate
Skills in Surgery, Urology, Gynecology, Orthopedics and Obstetrics/Gynecology (OB/GYN) are correlated to pay that is above average.
Pay Difference by Location
Learn more about cost of living by city.
Employees with Surgical Technologist in their job title in Seattle, Washington earn an average of 53.4% more than the national average. These job titles also find higher than average salaries in Los Angeles, California (42.6% more) and Houston, Texas (34.8% more).
Years of Experience
This data is based on 7 survey responses.
Related Job Salaries
$23 - $41
$12 - $22
$11 - $22
$16 - $26
$28 - $54
$9 - $17
$42 - $57