Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Taxonomy Analyst is $59,934
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Taxonomy Analysts?
An early career Taxonomy Analyst with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $59,420 based on 20 salaries. A mid-career Taxonomy Analyst with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $67,273 based on 14 salaries. An experienced Taxonomy …Read more
What Do Taxonomy Analysts Do?
A taxonomy analyst is a person who is responsible for creating, editing, and maintaining structured systems for organizing and retrieving content. This position can be found within various industries, including the government, international agencies, information providers, large corporations, vendors, and consulting firms. This position will often be found in an office environment where little or no travel is expected. The work is mental in nature, and the position will typically adhere to …Read more
- Develop, map, evaluate, and implement taxonomies for users.
- Act as expert for hierarchy, leaf nodes, data schema, and metadata monitoring.
- Train internal users on taxonomy and data quality policies.
- Test user interface and update taxonomy to present information clearly and well.
- Work with users to understand concepts, needs, usability, and potential problems.