Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Television Newscast Director is $15.25
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Television Newscast Directors?
An early career Television Newscast Director with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $14.60 based on 49 salaries. A mid-career Television Newscast Director with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $16.15 based on 39 salaries. An …Read more
What Do Television Newscast Directors Do?
Television newscast directors are responsible for managing the planning, production, and presentation of television news shows and supervising news staff to ensure that the broadcast runs smoothly.
Strong communication skills are essential in this position, and television newscast directors must be able to think quickly on their feet and solve problems in real time. Diplomacy is also important, as they must maintain ethical, editorial, and moral integrity throughout the broadcast. These …Read more
- Direct fast paced and graphics heavy newscasts using state of the art systems and equipment.
- Direct on-location, live field broadcasts for on-air and digital programs.
- Direct the development of newscast program including weather, sports, special events projects, planning sweeps that is consistent with company's brand.
- Oversee department budgeting, daily planning, gathering, preparation and presentation of news.
- Supervise studio personnel and technical staff assigned to control room.