The average pay for a Web Administrator with Microsoft Sharepoint Server skills is $39,485 per year.
Job Description for Web Administrator
Web administrators - also called webmasters, web architects, and web developers - are responsible for maintaining and updating their company's website or websites. They help ensure websites are user friendly and offer an optimal user experience. Some day-to-day responsibilities of a web administrator might include developing intranet solutions, migrating legacy software, and solving any web problems that may arise. They are also responsible for maintaining the information architecture, handling everyday site maintenance, performing site updates, and monitoring the analytics and statistics of the website. They are also in charge of performing search engine optimization (SEO) on the website, as well as modifying, editing, and deleting items on the database using MySQL or SQL. Web administrators must stay up to date with industry updates and best practices as well. These professionals generally work full time in an office setting, although overtime may be required depending on the needs of the company.Read More...
Web Administrator Tasks
- Advise internal groups on all issues relating to the web site.
- Own site releases, QA signoff, and documentation.
- Ensure site is optimized and is cross-platform and cross-browser compatible.
- Design, develop, and execute site architecture and navigation including redesigns and upgrades.
- Collaborate with creative staff on design and layout issues to facilitate web publishing.