Avg. Base Salary (ZAR)
The average salary for an Architectural Draftsman is R84,000
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Architectural Draftsmen?
An early career Architectural Draftsman with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of R119,072 based on 57 salaries. A mid-career Architectural Draftsman with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of R185,021 based on 29 salaries. An …Read more
What Do Architectural Draftsmen Do?
Architectural draftsmen are responsible for creating architectural construction documents and drawings for their projects. They develop construction-related files that effectively encompass of aspects of the design process. They also conduct inspections that are required for quality assurance. Architectural draftsmen review and analyze specifications and propose other project-related ideas. In addition to these tasks, architectural draftsmen create estimates for materials, revise constructions …Read more
- Accurately post closed work orders to the master design files.
- Review engineering drawings and supporting documentation to verify adherence to standard practices.
- Prepare layouts, drawings and designs according to engineering specifications using software.
- Log work orders into database and distribute and file work order folders daily.
- Coordinate work order process with construction supervisors, engineers and property accounting.