The average salary for an Early-Career Attorney / Lawyer (Corporate, in-house) in South Africa is R250,000.
Is Attorney / Lawyer (Corporate, in-house) your job title? Get a personalized salary report!
R0 - R250k
R107k - R350k
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Attorney / Lawyer (Corporate, in-house)
Positions as an attorney/lawyer (corporate, in-house) are available in a wide variety of industries and companies, as almost any company that is large enough to warrant in-house counsel will hire these attorneys. The exact duties performed by these attorneys vary based on the company’s industry and needs, but typical tasks include handling brokerage agreements, non-disclosure agreements, contract reviews, and transactional support. Counseling and negotiation support are also necessary, as is non…Read more
Attorney / Lawyer (Corporate, in-house) Tasks
- Advise clients in business transactions, claim liability, advisability of prosecuting or defending lawsuits or legal rights and obligations.
- Select jurors, argue motions, meet with judges, and question witnesses during the course of a trial.
- Analyze and interpret laws, rulings, and regulations with probable case outcomes for individuals and businesses.
- Represent clients in court or before government agencies, present and summarize cases to judges and juries.
- Gather evidence to formulate defense or to initiate legal actions; evaluate findings and develop strategies and arguments for presentation of cases.
Explore the most common career paths for Attorney / Lawyer (Corporate, in-house). Thickness and color of lines indicates popularity of movement from one job to the next. Visit our career path planner to research other job paths.
Attorney / Lawyer (Corporate, in-house)
More common (> 20%)
Somewhat common (8 - 20%)
Less common (< 8%)
Attorney / Lawyer (Corporate, in-house) Job Listings
Years of Experience
This data is based on 5 survey responses.