Avg. Base Hourly Rate (ZAR)
The average hourly pay for a Boilermaker is R94.75
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Boilermakers?
An entry-level Boilermaker with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of R68.00 based on 24 salaries. An early career Boilermaker with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of R81.57 based on 275 salaries. A mid-career …Read more
What Do Boilermakers Do?
Boilermakers are responsible for building, installing, repairing, and maintaining boilers and large tanks or vats, and this work typically involves a variety of skilled labor techniques, including welding and metalworking. These boilers are typically parts of liquid pressure systems which may be situated in industrial facilities such as power plants, manufacturing facilities, and even large institutions like hospitals and schools. Boilermaker work typically involves field work at job sites, and …Read more
- Assemble, install, and repair boilers, closed vats, and other large vessels or containers that hold liquids and gases.
- Interpret work orders, job orders, specifications, blueprints, ISO's or other drawings and recognize basic blueprint terms and symbols accurately.
- Repair boilers, tanks, and vessels in the field by unbolting or flame cutting defective sections using torches, jacks, caulking hammers, power saws, threading dies, welding equipment, and metalworking machinery.
- Bolt or weld casing sections, uptakes, stacks, baffles, tower manways, trays, chutes, and air heaters, fan stands, feeding tube, catwalks, ladders, hopper and safety hatches to frames.
- Hammer, flame-cut, file or grind irregular edges of structural parts.