The average hourly pay for a Boilermaker in South Africa is R90.52.
Is Boilermaker your job title? Get a personalized salary report!
R45 - R150
R3,175 - R35,074
R27 - R23,270
R95,138 - R370,778
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Boilermaker
Boilermakers are responsible for building, installing, repairing, and maintaining boilers and large tanks or vats, and this work typically involves a variety of skilled labor techniques, including welding and metalworking. These boilers are typically parts of liquid pressure systems which may be situated in industrial facilities such as power plants, manufacturing facilities, and even large institutions like hospitals and schools. Boilermaker work typically involves field work at job sites, and …Read more
- Assemble, install, and repair boilers, closed vats, and other large vessels or containers that hold liquids and gases.
- Interpret work orders, job orders, specifications, blueprints, ISO's or other drawings and recognize basic blueprint terms and symbols accurately.
- Repair boilers, tanks, and vessels in the field by unbolting or flame cutting defective sections using torches, jacks, caulking hammers, power saws, threading dies, welding equipment, and metalworking machinery.
- Bolt or weld casing sections, uptakes, stacks, baffles, tower manways, trays, chutes, and air heaters, fan stands, feeding tube, catwalks, ladders, hopper and safety hatches to frames.
- Hammer, flame-cut, file or grind irregular edges of structural parts.
The top respondents for the job title Boilermaker are from the companies Engineering, Inc., Sasol Mining and Murray & Roberts. Reported salaries are highest at Sasol Mining where the average pay is R115.86. Engineering, Inc. pays the lowest at around R78.00.
Explore the most common career paths for Boilermaker. Thickness and color of lines indicates popularity of movement from one job to the next. Visit our career path planner to research other job paths.
More common (> 20%)
Somewhat common (8 - 20%)
Less common (< 8%)
Boilermaker Job Listings
Search for more jobs
Popular Skills for Boilermaker
Avg. Hourly Rate
Skills in Manufacturing Fabrication, Plant Maintenance, Metal Inert Gas (MIG) Welding and Tungsten Inert Gas (TIG) Welding are correlated to pay that is above average. Skills that pay less than market rate include Welding.
Pay by Experience Level for Boilermaker
An entry-level Boilermaker with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of R62.53 based on 29 salaries. An early career Boilermaker with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of R77.99 based on 437 salaries. A mid-career Boilermaker with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of R89.18 based on 405 salaries. An experienced Boilermaker with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of R104.24 based on 337 salaries. In their late career (20 years and higher), employees earn an average total compensation of R119.
Years of Experience
This data is based on 1,392 survey responses.