The average salary for a Corrosion Engineer at PetroSA in South Africa is R710,000.
Is Corrosion Engineer your job title? Find out what you should be paid
Use our tool to get a personalized report on your market worth.
R0 - R710k
R0 - R710k
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Corrosion Engineer
Corrosion engineers are most frequently found working in the energy industry, often with hydroelectric plants that rely on underwater turbines. They are also employed by oil companies who do offshore platform drilling in corrosive saltwater conditions. They can even be found working in mining and waste management professions. Whatever the industry, a corrosion engineer typically works to collect data via reports, inspections, and measurements to determine the speed and spread of corrosion and ru…Read more
Corrosion Engineer Tasks
- Identify corrosion mechanisms and calculate corrosion rates in operating machinery, piping, equipment, etc.
- Consult others on welding and repair.
- Provide guidance to resolve design, operation, and maintenance issues.
- Inspect equipment to ensure safety, efficiency, integrity, and compliance with applicable laws.
- Help contractors, consultants and vendors design and implement programs with specific corrosion control objectives.
Corrosion Engineer Job Listings
Search for more jobs