Avg. Base Salary (ZAR)
The average salary for a Draughtsperson is R223,195
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Draughtspeople?
An early career Draughtsperson with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of R158,566 based on 82 salaries. A mid-career Draughtsperson with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of R243,036 based on 69 salaries. An experienced Draughtsperson …Read more
What Do Draughtspeople Do?
A draughtsperson is responsible for producing technical plans and drawings in order to construct buildings and/or equipment. Although they typically work for factories and plants, their work generally stays within an office. Draughtspersons may work on teams or alone, depending on the particular employer.
Most employers require applicants to have attained a two-year degree at a technical school, and many require further training and development with CADD. Applicants should also be able to …Read more
- Assist design engineering team with site visits.
- Assist engineering team with drafting of system plans.
- Develop detailed drawings of system components for construction and installation.
- Assist engineering teams with system design.
- Determine local and national code requirements.