The average salary for a Field Engineer in South Africa is R268,419.
Is Field Engineer your job title? Find out what you should be paid
Use our tool to get a personalized report on your market worth.
R151k - R742k
R5k - R284k
R0 - R6k
R125k - R720k
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Field Engineer
A field engineer's responsibilities are highly specialized to the profession. They must have a comprehensive understanding of technological services and the specific machines and mechanisms of the company, as much of the position requires installing, replacing, or providing maintenance on these machines. A field engineer has a mobile job, meaning that the individual will travel often to different locations to identify weak areas in the mechanisms used across the company, report these to an admin…Read more
Field Engineer Tasks
- Provide technical support for projects including design, installation, maintenance, testing, evaluation and operation of systems.
- Analyze system requirements, capacity, cost, and customer needs to determine project recommendations.
- Inspect electronic equipment, instruments, products, and systems to ensure accordance to specifications, safety standards, and quality standards.
- Design, implement, maintain and improve instruments, electronic components, equipment or systems.
- Offer technical, operational, and administrative information, and resolution of technical issues to customers and staff.
Field Engineer Job Listings
Search for more jobs
Popular Skills for Field Engineer
Pay by Experience Level for Field Engineer
An early career Field Engineer with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of R203,473 based on 19 salaries. A mid-career Field Engineer with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of R250,252 based on 25 salaries. An experienced Field Engineer with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of R300,000 based on 18 salaries. In their late career (20 years and higher), employees earn an average total compensation of R486,000.
Years of Experience
This data is based on 68 survey responses.
Related Job Salaries
R179k - R827k
R204k - R712k
R122k - R788k
R201k - R817k
R183k - R814k
R185k - R652k
R27k - R408k
R178k - R858k
R219k - R807k
R196k - R906k